The Superintendent Certification is designed specifically for the candidate who has previously obtained a master’s degree and Principal Certification. This certification program requires the completion of fifteen hours of graduate credit and complies with existing standards for professional certification. The study plan originates in the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling.
Candidates seeking admission to the graduate programs in Superintendent Certification must meet the basic requirements of Graduate Admissions specified in the Admission section of this catalog. Please contact the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling for additional requirements: Box 2119, Huntsville, Texas 77341 or by phone (936) 294-1147 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Course Prerequisites are strictly observed.
- Graduate Application
- Application fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Official transcript from the master's degree granting institution
- Copy of SBEC issued standard Principal or Mid-Management certificate
- One Reference Form from current or previous supervisor in a school or agency where the applicant has been employed
- An official service record for each year of classroom service
|Specified Courses (12 credit hours)|
|Choose all from:|
|EDAD 6380 Executive Leadership for Superintendents||3|
|EDAD 6381 District Business and Financial Management||3|
|EDAD 6382 Human Resource Management||3|
|EDAD 6383 Practicum for Superintendents||3|