This certification plan is designed specifically for the candidate who has previously obtained a Master’s Degree and wishes to obtain Principal Certification. It requires the completion of twenty-one hours of graduate credit. Selected graduate courses not older than six years may be considered for substitution for selected required courses. The program complies with existing standards for professional certification. A comprehensive TExES examination is required during the final semester of coursework. The study plan originates in the Department of Educational Leadership.
Aplicants seeking admission to the Principal Certification program must submit the following directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
1. Graduate Admissions Application.
2. Application Fee.
3. Official Transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution and official transcript from the master degree granting institution.
4. Admission preference given to individuals with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher and graduate GPA of 3.5 or higher.
5. Teacher Service Record from your school district's Human Resource Department with 2 years of certified teaching experience preferred;however, we will consider applicants with 1 year of certified teaching experience. (Applicant must be working at a Texas Education Agency accredited school.)
6. Two Reference Forms, one from your school principal and one from an assistant principal.
7. Professional Statement.
8. Current Resume.
NOTE: Applicants selected after the initial screening will be invited for a phone interview.
|EDAD 6362 Campus Leadership (Internship) is the last course to be taken in the sequence of courses. May be taken with one to two other courses.|
|Specified Courses (21 credit hours)|
|Choose all from:|
|EDAD 5332 Admin and Organization of Public Schools||3|
|EDAD 5372 Federal, State, and Local School Law||3|
|EDAD 5386 Special Populations and Special Programs||3|
|EDAD 6371 Role of the Principal in School Administration||3|
|EDAD 6370 Campus Business Management||3|
|EDAD 6394 Instructional Leadership Development||3|
|EDAD 6362 Campus Leadership (Internship)1||3|